We all are going through unprecedented times as we navigate through a world that has changed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. BB Riverboats, the Bernstein Family, and all of our crew members want our guests to know that there is nothing more important to us than keeping everyone safe as we try to entertain you and show you a good time. This page is put together as a resource for anyone who is interested in the steps we are taking to make your enjoyable experience a safe one. Please keep in mind that nobody has ever gone through an event like this and there will certainly be a learning period as we start operating. Our policies and procedures may change after we are able to assess how operationally efficient they turn out to be so we ask for your patience and understanding. One thing we will assure you is that we will make every step and do everything in our power to make your visit one to remember!
What are we doing?
BB Riverboats is following all of the policies and procedures that have been given to us by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Northern Kentucky Health Department, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the United States Coast Guard. Additionally, the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA) has distributed additional guidance and directives to ensure all steps are being taken as we look to reopen. BB Riverboats plays an active role in the association and has assisted in making these guidelines and policies for the entire industry.
- Employees will be required to have their temperature checked before each shift and will be required to wear facemasks.
- Employees will be required to utilize hand sanitizer and hand washing frequently on a consistent schedule.
- Sanitizing stations will be available to all guests and are placed around both the vessel and dock facility.
- All surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized before and after every cruise.
- All employees have attended the food handler and COVID-19 class that has been offered by Servsafe prior to returning to work.
What can you do?
- While you are not consuming food or beverages indoors please consider wearing a facial covering.
- Please wash your hands often and utilize the hand sanitizer machines located on each deck of our vessel.
- Please adhere to all social distancing guidelines and stay at least 6 feet away from other guests.
- If you are sick or symptomatic in any way, please do not come. We can transfer your reservation to another cruise at a later date. Plus, who can have much fun while they are sick?
- Understand that everybody has to do their own part.
What changes will be made on your cruises?
- Food service on our meal cruises will change. First, your meal service will be available immediately when you board the vessel. Your salad will be served to you at your table. Then you will be called to our buffet table, where one of our crew members, who will be wearing a mask and gloves, will serve you food from the buffet to ensure there is no contamination being passed on the food utensils. If you would like more food, you will be welcome to get more using this same process. Then your dessert will be served to you at your table.
- There will be no table side drink service. Water will be pre-set at your table prior to your arrival. If you would like to purchase soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, or specialty cocktails, you will need to obtain those from the bar.
- BB Riverboats will operate at a much reduced capacity as we start cruising. We will offer reserved seating on every one of our cruises at an interior table. This exercise, coupled with the removal of some seating, will allow us to ensure every guest with a ticket has a table to sit at that ensures they can properly socially distance. If guests choose to transit to the outside decks, sanitized deck chairs will be available in stacks at locations around the outside decks. If you would like to sit outside (which we believe is the best seat in the house!) we ask you to take your own seating and place it in a place you feel comfortable with. We please ask you keep every other guest in mind when you choose that location and adhere to a 6-foot distance between you and other guests. If you choose to go back inside, you will always have your reserved table and seating to go back to.
- We ask that while you are indoors that you stay in your reserved seat whenever possible.
- PLEASE NOTE: per the order from our Governor, we are no longer allowed to use linen table cloths or linen napkins and disposables are to be used wherever possible.
BB Riverboats will make every attempt to deliver your stated menu. Due to the expected nationwide food shortage, some items may be difficult to obtain. If an item is not available to us, our Executive Chef will prepare a substitute item. This will be a day by day process and we may not always be able to disclose our menu until shortly prior to your cruise. If you have any food allergies, please tell us about them when you book to ensure we are able to accommodate you.